Parkburn Delivers Suite of Cable Handling Equipment
8th July 2021
Parkburn’s experience and expertise in cable laying equipment has been vital in the delivery of this project. Our history in supplying cable laying equipment to the market links to our earlier Dowty heritage and dates back to the 1960’s when the World’s First Linear Cable Engine was delivered to the British Post Office.
The latest suite of equipment being delivered includes;
- 30 Ton 4m diameter all electric Cable Drum Engine
- 4-wheel pair all electric DOHB
- Full set of drives, controls, and instrumentation
- Single and Twin 4m Stern Sheaves
- Universal Diverter/Dynamometers
- Linear Cable Engine Emergency Brake
- 2-wheel pair Transporter
- 10 Ton buoy deployment davits and winches
- 20Ft ISO portable containerized, insulated, and air-conditioned repeater storage and monitoring units.
This fast-track project designed, manufactured, and delivered during a global pandemic created significant challenges, however all were overcome due to the dedication and commitment of our workforce. We are proud to have delivered this “Gold Standard” equipment both “on time” and “on budget” to our valued customer.
Parkburn are pleased to be manufacturing a further 4 ship sets of equipment for delivery to the World’s leading operators.
To find out more about our cable handling systems, visit our website or contact us.
CableHandlingSystems, ParkburnPHS, telecommunications, telecoms