Pipe Lay & Pipe Handling SystemsMore Info
Pipe Lay and Pipe Handling Systems
Parkburn has continued to design and develop new “class leading” solutions for the key pipe lay and pipe handling system requirements associated with flexible and ridged pipelay operations. Whilst recognising the merits of current systems in use today, Parkburn’s approach has been to challenge convention with a strive towards new alternative thinking whilst providing safe and reliable operation coupled with the need to obtain cost savings. A move towards capstan technology as opposed to large tensioners with huge squeeze forces for the higher tension ranges has been key to the new systems offered by Parkburn today.
- Inbuilt and portable “plug and play” system design
- Full range of storage designs including carousels, rim and reel drives.
- Two, three and four track tensioners
- Capstan Reel Installation Systems “CRIS”
- World-wide class system compliance
- Independent third party SIL review and assessment
- “All electric” drive designs with remote diagnostic capability
- Operator training and competence assessment
A wide range of fully redundant and electrically driven handling systems is available to support both factory and ship operations. Carousels or reels ranging from 500 to 7,000t storage capacity in both single or twin basket modes are available. Under-roller or reel drives can be provided for both fixed and portable locations.
Multi–track tensioners configured for side or top loading or both conventions are fully available with optional integral tension monitoring.
For the higher outboard tension requirements of 200t an upwards, Parkburn now have the CRIS design solutions available aimed at significantly reducing the gripping forces in the pipe whilst bringing tower and installation heights on the ship down by more than 50%. 200, 500 and 800t systems designs are available for shallow, intermediate and ultra-deep water.