Location: Hamilton, Scotland
Hours: Permanent, Full Time, 37 hours a week
Parkburn Precision Handling Systems Ltd is a privately owned engineering company specialising in the design, manufacture, installation and service of product handling systems.
Operating from two sites in the UK, Hamilton and Telford, Parkburn provides a wide range of technically advanced, high performance product handling and drive & control systems to worldwide onshore and offshore markets including:
-Offshore Oil & Gas
-Deep Water Lifting
-Power & Telecoms Cable Lay
-Naval Ships and Submarines
Hours of Work: Monday- Thursday 08:00-16:45 | Friday 08:00-12:00
Holidays: Starting at 33 days
Pension: Government Auto Enrollment Compliant Scheme
- Liaising with production and engineering with any relevant information (e.g. lead time, price change etc.).
- Responsible for procurement of all workshop consumables.
- Any procurement issues that could hinder production, must be highlighted during the weekly production meeting.
- Responsible for goods inwards, where all incoming equipment will be stored and allocated to a job bin.
- Deliveries are checked and booked in to ensure there are no discrepancies, damages, shortages etc.
- Goods are placed in a bin and marked with the correct job number and job title and allocated to the stores rack.
- If order is complete, this will be matched with the corresponding purchase order and filed appropriately.
- If order is incomplete, this will be reported to procurement and engineering. The acknowledgement will be checked and appropriate action taken.
- Ensure that all goods ready for despatch are properly and securely packaged and that the appropriate paper work have been raised and dispatched along with the goods;
- Delivery Note,
- Goods Return Note (if applicable)
- Certificate of Conformity (if applicable)
- Spares orders will have each item identified with Customer Supplied Part Number and itemised as dictated by their Purchase Order.
- Copies of all delivery notes are to be copied and filed in the “Copy Delivery Note File” where they will remain until a signed delivery note is returned.
- Upon receipt of a signed delivery note, it will be matched and filed in the “Delivery Note File”.
- Delivery dates are honoured whenever possible.
- All goods identified by a job number must be kept on the job rack when not in use (including site visits). Any job bin relating to a completed job is to be removed and any surplus goods either returned to the supplier or retained in stores for future projects.
- Racks are to be kept tidy and items stored in correctly identified bins.
- Records of stock is to be maintained and updated.
Producing component labels using various methods of printing (lazer engraving and thermal transfer printers).
Person Specification: Key Competencies, Skills, Experience and/or Training Requirements:
- Comfortable in customer/ supplier-facing situations (deliveries and collections).
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office incl. Word & Outlook.
- Highly motivated, organised and flexible.
- Ability to work alone and as part of team.
- Flexible approach to overtime requirements.
- Ability to manage own workload, in a high paced environment.
- Understanding and use of ERP and Management Systems.
- Forklift trained.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Full UK driving license.
- Valid Passport.
Ready to apply? Send us your CV at Careers@parkburn.com