Location: Telford, England
Hours: Permanent, Full-Time, 37 hours a week
Parkburn Precision Handling Systems Ltd is a privately owned engineering company specialising in the design, manufacture, installation and service of product handling systems.
Operating from two sites in the UK, Hamilton and Telford, Parkburn provides a wide range of technically advanced, high performance product handling and drive & control systems to worldwide onshore and offshore markets including:
-Offshore Oil & Gas
-Deep Water Lifting
-Power & Telecoms Cable Lay
-Naval Ships and Submarines
Hours of Work: Monday- Thursday 08:00-16:45 | Friday 08:00-12:00
Holidays: Starting at 33 days
Pension: Government Auto Enrollment Compliant Scheme
- Receiving and reviewing Requests for Quotations ( RFQ’s) from the sales department for the company’s products and services.
- Deal directly with Sales Team regarding customer to service enquiries.
- Review and understand customer specifications and determine, along with the engineering dept, an appropriate technical solution and decide upon suitable equipment to offer.
- Obtaining costs of materials, consumables, sub-contract work etc. to prepare quotes.
- Preparing quotations in accordance with customer specified requirements, documentation and company policies.
- Assisting in after sales service where necessary to develop and maintain good customer service.
- Assisting sales order administration, conduct contract reviews where necessary and assist in project management when required.
- Actively work with Sales Team seeking sales and marketing opportunities where possible.
- Representing the company and visiting customers along with the Sales Team as and when required for bid clarification etc.
- Carrying out such additional tasks as may become necessary from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the sales operation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent sales, negotiation and communication skills.
- An excellent track record of preparing and presenting detailed proposals and selling equipment to engineering professionals up to board standard in small to global size companies.
- You must have the ability to help define and successfully execute a sales proposal strategy.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Be competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- Be familiar with AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault.
Qualifications and Experience
Preferably educated to degree standard in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline. From a proposals/sales engineering background in a Marine/Heavy lifting equipment environment.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
Qualifications: Mechanical Engineering Degree
Ready to apply? Send your CV to us at Careers@parkburn.com