Location: Telford, England
Hours: Permanent, Full-Time, 37 hours a week
Parkburn Precision Handling Systems Ltd is a privately owned engineering company specialising in the design, manufacture, installation and service of product handling systems.
Operating from two sites in the UK, Hamilton and Telford, Parkburn provides a wide range of technically advanced, high performance product handling and drive & control systems to worldwide onshore and offshore markets including:
-Offshore Oil & Gas
-Deep Water Lifting
-Power & Telecoms Cable Lay
-Naval Ships and Submarines
Hours of Work: Monday- Thursday 08:00-16:45 | Friday 08:00-12:00
Holidays: Starting at 33 days
Pension: Government Auto Enrollment Compliant Scheme
The successful candidate will be responsible for improving efficiency and increasing departmental profits while managing the company’s overall operations. They will oversee several elements in a business, including HR, Project, Sales & Marketing, Planning, Finance, Production, Admin and HSE.
1. Planning administration
- Provide leadership and vision to the organization by assisting the Board and staff with the development of long range and annual plans, and with the evaluation and reporting of progress on plans.
- Oversee preparation of an Annual Report summarizing progress on short and long range plans.
- Develop analysis documents and proposals as needed to assist the organization in determining and meeting its long and short term goals.
2. HR management
- Recruitment and contracting of company and project staff;
- Employee development, and training;
- Policy development and documentation;
- Employee relations, including annual performance reviews.
- Performance management and improvement systems.
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting.
- Company-wide committee facilitation including planning, production, staff and Board of Directors, including arranging meetings and agendas, attending and minuting meetings.
3. Project management:
- Oversee Project Managers and review contract performance.
- Oversee remedial action plans to recover contracts which are under performing
- Liaise with Production Manager to ensure material and resources are sufficient to meet critical delivery dates.
- Ensure Directors are made aware of issues, in a timely manner, which affect delivery which you are unable to resolve.
4. Sales & Marketing
- Ensure support to sales force is made available as required.
- Ensure support to estimating is made available as required.
5. Financial management
- Ensure all jobs are reviewed and closed off, where appropriate, at end of each month.
- Provide annual review of staffing levels.
- Assist in compiling WIP.
- Ensure accurate documentation of production and quality control data and records.
- Oversee factory/site production activities and personnel.
- Oversee and ensure high safety standards at all times.
- Direct production activities to ensure safety and compliance with quality control standards and regulatory compliances.
- Oversee and/or ensure good housekeeping at factory/site at all times.
- Ensure quality control is strictly enforced for subcontracted goods and services.
7. Administrative management
- Ensure client and vendor file integrity (documents, analytical information where required, communication notations, etc.).
- Assist in development of forms and tools to increase company efficiency and risk management.
8. Health & Safety
- Ensure company policy and procedures are enforced
- Hold regular meetings with H&S manager to ensure integrity of enforcement.
- Ensure H&S Policies and Procedures are current and comply with all necessary legislation.
- Ensure every employee has a proper safety induction when they begin employment with the company.
Experience: Must have relevant experience or have worked in similar role.
Qualifications: Degree Level preferred.
Ready to apply? Send your CV to us at Careers@parkburn.com