Control Systems Engineer- Hardware
Control Systems Engineer- Hardware
Location: Hamilton, Scotland
Hours: Permanent, Full-Time, 37 hours a week
Parkburn Precision Handling Systems Ltd is a privately owned engineering company specialising in the design, manufacture, installation and service of product handling systems.
Operating from two sites in the UK, Hamilton and Telford, Parkburn provides a wide range of technically advanced, high performance product handling and drive & control systems to worldwide onshore and offshore markets including:
-Offshore Oil & Gas
-Deep Water Lifting
-Power & Telecoms Cable Lay
-Naval Ships and Submarines
Hours of Work: Monday- Thursday 08:00-16:45 | Friday 08:00-12:00
Holidays: Starting at 33 days
Pension: Government Auto Enrollment Compliant Scheme
Scope of Responsibility
- The CSE-H shall be responsible for projects assigned to them by Project Managers, Engineering Managers or Directors.
- The CSE-H shall be responsible for the recording and monitoring the project costs, agreeing variations in scope of services and monitoring third party costs.
- The CSE-H shall be responsible for ensuring that projects are managed in a safe and professional manner and is undertaken in compliance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Responsible for design and build of control system panels from customer specifications to including the following:
— General Arrangement Drawings
— Electrical Schematic Drawings
— Terminal Arrangement drawings
— Field Cable Schedules
— Component Selection
— Detailed Parts List
— Supervision of Build and Test
- Provide technical engineering assistance as demanded during the project inception and development.
- Produce and review electrical equipment specifications / procurement specifications.
- Responsibility for project cost estimates, cost control and reporting.
- Assist in creating mark-up and as fitted drawings to accurately reflect installation.
- Manage day to day project electrical design activities, including review and approval of electrical drawings.
- Participate in project review meeting, advising on any technical issues.
- Liaise or consult as necessary with customers, suppliers and manufacturers to implement the construction of the project.
- Undertake inspections of the projects as required and or witness testing of specialised elements with the production of supporting documentation.
- Assist in the design, placing, monitoring and managing contracts for the project.
- Produce complete and comprehensive documentation relating to the project.
- Responsible for the verification and sign off of projects.
- Provide support and assistance to other departments throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Work in varying locations for extended periods.
To undertake any other reasonable tasks which are within their ability, competence and experience which he may be from time to time asked to undertake.
The successful applicant will demonstrate some or all of the following skills.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels
- Self motivated
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Innovative thinking
- Ability to manage own time to work on multiple tasks
- Team Working
- Qualified to HNC or above in Electrical Engineering
- Ability to communicate complex technical information are essential
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel etc.)
- Experienced in the use of AutoCAD advantageous
- Enjoy multi-tasking on several projects at the same time
- Will have a desire to travel and work within very diverse projects that are based all over the world.
Experience: Must have a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
Qualifications: ONC Elec & Elec as minimum
Ready to apply? Send your CV to us at Careers@parkburn.com